New Construction - 1st proposal

Mar 5, 2015
Jupiter Florida
I am closing on a new house in Florida later this month and contacted local pool builder who has done many pools in this development and is local, family run business. I met with the builder and was impressed with his design. This is not the first time I put a pool in and also used a private contractor the last time out (2003 ?). My last pool had all Aquacal equipment - heater and SWC system and I never had any problems with it. This contractor wants to use all Pentair products and I'm not as comfortable given what I've read on this site and other reviews. My question is do I go to other PB's for the equipment brand I'm familiar with or talk to this PB about using Aquacal heater and chlorinator???

Also I'm not a big shopper but I have a budget and 1st proposal is already over budget without knowing proposed pool surface and just a standard paver deck.

Ha, they will all be over your budget - and everyone else's too! Then the budget and expectations get adjusted and all goes well. It seems very few people adequately estimate a total pool cost prior to getting estimates (me included).

Pentair is generally regarded quite positively here. Hayward too, Jandy also. All in general - on specific pieces of equipment/models there may be exceptions.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.