Advice for pool finish application

Hi I'm getting towards the end of a six month long project building my pool in SE Mexico and for my sins decided to use a quartz finish. I'm looking for any advice I can get regarding the application of Kristal Krete. I have seen videos from Diamond Brite which I assume is a similar proceedure but all I can find for Kristal Krete is "Use a company trained installer" of which we have none!. We will be mixing using a motorized cement mixer and moving by wheel barrow or buckets. My crew have experience finishing walls with concrete and plaster but not including quartz. I understand an acid wash prior to starting is normal and we should work to approx 3/8"-1/2" thickness, starting in shaded areas towards sunnier areas, keeping the walls and floor damp and finishing the same day, followed as soon as possible by filling with water. Apart from one worker who once worked on a similar finish once in Cancun some years ago; that's the extent of our experience, so any input would be very much appreciated.

The process of troweling the surface is a little different. I have no clue how to explain it in words, but there is a certain movement that helps the quartz be more uniformly near the surface, which gives a better final appearance.

I can't explain it either, but it's called hard troweling. Then something about bringing the cream to the surface. Then ragging, and some complete it with an acid wash and pressure spray. There is an excellent vid on YouTube about it. I'll see if I can find it.

This aspect of pool construction is very interesting to me, but it's almost an afterthought sometimes, and it's a really important part of the whole process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.