Plaster price Question and Robot cleaner question.

TCB

Feb 17, 2015
Aledo/Texas
I have a feeling this PB is trying to charge me to much for diamond brite. He put down it would be an additional 7K for a pool 39 x 19, 3.5-6ft, 106ft.

Other things that look high iaualogic PS8 controller he has for $2325, 1 1/2 booster pump, valves and drains $1435, Reg colored plaster $2947, pool cleaner Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 $1300, freeze guard $200, Hayward 400,000 BTU $2300, $2000 for 3 LEDs.

Robot ? now:
After reading all the rave reviews on a robot I told him I may not get the 280. He mentioned that I would need to watch the robot the entire time it was cleaning to turn it off when it was done.

I like the PB and the base cost but if I added what I want to add DB, LEDs, booster it increases by 10,435.

**Note: I know the con on having the tequila table looking at that being removable.

Thanks for all the great Intel so far,
TCB
image.jpg

His comment on the robot is just silly. You do not have to watch the robot. It will stop after its program. Then pull it out and clean it when you want.

I would never get a pressure side cleaner that requires running a booster pump on WITH the main pump ... that is just a lot of wasted power.

I think freeze guard is built into the automation system ... so no idea what that $200 is for.

That price for diamond brite is quite a bit higher than usual.

I don't understand why plaster is an option? What do you get if you don't get plaster? Or is that for colored plaster? If for colored it is way too high.

The other prices seem more or less plausible.

The comment about robots is just silly, as jblizzle mentioned.

jblizzle: automation is optional, you might want the freeze guard if not getting automation.

The price for the Polaris seems right, LEDs may be slightly high (that's my impression but not exactly sure). My PB charges 2850 for the JANDY JXI Heater. Ask your PB if that cost for the heater includes any piping for the heater (I suspect not). To value the heater get the model number and see what you can get it for online, then add at least $500 (since your PB has to get it, install it, fix any issues, and make a profit on it).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.