Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plaster price Question and Robot cleaner question.

1. Back To Top    #1

Plaster price Question and Robot cleaner question.

I have a feeling this PB is trying to charge me to much for diamond brite. He put down it would be an additional 7K for a pool 39 x 19, 3.5-6ft, 106ft.

Other things that look high iaualogic PS8 controller he has for $2325, 1 1/2 booster pump, valves and drains $1435, Reg colored plaster $2947, pool cleaner Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 $1300, freeze guard $200, Hayward 400,000 BTU $2300, $2000 for 3 LEDs.

Robot ? now:
    After reading all the rave reviews on a robot I told him I may not get the 280. He mentioned that I would need to watch the robot the entire time it was cleaning to turn it off when it was done.

I like the PB and the base cost but if I added what I want to add DB, LEDs, booster it increases by 10,435.

**Note: I know the con on having the tequila table looking at that being removable.

Thanks for all the great Intel so far,
    TCB
    image.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Plaster price Question and Robot cleaner question.

His comment on the robot is just silly. You do not have to watch the robot. It will stop after its program. Then pull it out and clean it when you want.

I would never get a pressure side cleaner that requires running a booster pump on WITH the main pump ... that is just a lot of wasted power.

I think freeze guard is built into the automation system ... so no idea what that $200 is for.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

That price for diamond brite is quite a bit higher than usual.

I don't understand why plaster is an option? What do you get if you don't get plaster? Or is that for colored plaster? If for colored it is way too high.

The other prices seem more or less plausible.

The comment about robots is just silly, as jblizzle mentioned.

jblizzle: automation is optional, you might want the freeze guard if not getting automation.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes reg white is in the base price the $2947 is for colored reg plaster. That to me is what upsets me with this PB it appears to me that he trying to get over on me.

5. Back To Top    #5

I agree, he is really getting to you on some of these items. And repeating, he is dead wrong about the Robot. Obviously he knows nothing about them.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

The price for the Polaris seems right, LEDs may be slightly high (that's my impression but not exactly sure). My PB charges 2850 for the JANDY JXI Heater. Ask your PB if that cost for the heater includes any piping for the heater (I suspect not). To value the heater get the model number and see what you can get it for online, then add at least $500 (since your PB has to get it, install it, fix any issues, and make a profit on it).
    1200 Sq Ft 41,000 Gal. Gunite, JANDY SVRS VS pump, JANDY JXI 400,000 BTU, Polaris 280 w/ 3/4 BP, Rockwall and Grotto (w/6 jets and blower), 2 JANDY Lam Jets, 2 LED Bubblers, 5 Ledlights, AQUALINK P16 RS, 90% Quartz, SWF 185 GMP BP, SWF 125 BP, Levelor K1100 Autofill, AP Digital SWG, 2 skim and 5 returns, and mostly 3 inch piping

7. Back To Top    #7

Regarding the heater, consider a Raypak ... they get better reviews.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!