Patio, Koi Pond & Outdoor Kitchen Build in Houston

hey,

noticed you did not use corner pieces for the silver travertine corners. What did you do to the pieces to look like that? Did you chisel at them after making them flush on corner?

Yeah, they are all hand chiseled. We had the mason build us a sample of corner choices including mitered but we liked this look the best. It took a little extra work but I think it was worth it. It did take a little trial and error to get the look right. If I remember correctly, they "broke" them first and then smoothed/chipped the edge before placing them and then the ones that needed to be cleaned up, they did that afterwards.

plat.

Came across this and wanted to comment. Wow! As a read though the thread and saw the initial pics, I was wondering where this was all going to go, then I came to the final pics and was blown away. Superb job. Such a well thought out, functional area, yet really amazing space visually.

Looks fantastic! Very cool space!

I'm guessing the stone finish around the pizza oven is a veneer over the original red brick? Could you elaborate on the stone veneer for the columns, please? I'm thinking of removing the fiberglass columns i have on my patio and building a simple wood frame around the support and then adding a stone veneer.

Congratulations!

WOW! That is an amazing space you created. Such huge koi. :) Do you have an interior photo of your outdoor bathroom? Would love to see the floating bench and sink area and the fixtures you chose.

I know this is a late response, I just did not see it ever come in. I actually don't have a good photo of the bathroom. I don't have the time right now to get one, but I will try and post one later next week.

Came across this and wanted to comment. Wow! As a read though the thread and saw the initial pics, I was wondering where this was all going to go, then I came to the final pics and was blown away. Superb job. Such a well thought out, functional area, yet really amazing space visually.

Thanks! It was a long road to the end, but worth it.

Looks fantastic! Very cool space!

I'm guessing the stone finish around the pizza oven is a veneer over the original red brick? Could you elaborate on the stone veneer for the columns, please? I'm thinking of removing the fiberglass columns i have on my patio and building a simple wood frame around the support and then adding a stone veneer.

Congratulations!

Yes, it is a veneer on the pizza oven. Same as used on the columns and cabinet faces. It's a very common material. Split Face Travertine. Silver is the color. Good luck!

plat.

So I promised I would post some bathroom pictures. These are not great shots and the lighting is bad, but you can see the floating bench and get a feel for the space. The shower is loaded with pillows from the patio furniture to help protect them from the construction dust so I don't have one of that. When everything is totally done, I will try and remember to take some better pictures.

plat.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.