Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help Choosing Autopilot Digital Model

1. Back To Top    #1

Help Choosing Autopilot Digital Model

Split by moderator from HERE. Please start your own threads. Thanks, jblizzle

I hope some one answers since this post is from a few years back. I am new to owning a pool and have very little experience with pools, and have decided to install a SWG I live in Oklahoma and if anyone knows the weather is worst than my wife on that time of the month, so with that being said i have a pool with roughly 14-17k gallons with a Centurion 1HP pool pump and Hayward S244T sand filter, and i am debating in either buying the Autoplilot Digital Nano DN1 115V W/ RC-35/22 or the Autopilot Digital Salt Water Chlorine System DIG-35 Pools To 35K. what do you think best suits my needs? there is a 500 price difference with the two. Thank You guys

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help Choosing Autopilot Digital Model

The larger unit is a better match and gives you more flexibility, for example keeping the pump runtime reasonably short (4-6 hours/day) won't be an option with the Nano. That said, either one will work and they are both well reviewed.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you! i have another question if you dont mind does the pool equipment in general fair better in the elements or should i build a shed for the pool equipment?

4. Back To Top    #4

Pool equipment does better if you keep direct sunlight and rain away. A complete enclosure is not important (except sometimes for noise) but keeping rain and direct sunlight off will extend equipment lifetimes noticeably. If you have the option, I would go for either just a roof or a complete shed based on landscaping/appearance issues.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School