Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cover pump recommendations.

1. Back To Top    #1

Cover pump recommendations.

Greetings All,

I have a little giant 1700 cover pump. It cavitates constantly and only works every once in a while. I have tried everything with this pump, and am ready move on. Looking for a replacement. I have a coverstar automatic cover over a 16k gallon in ground pool. Just looking for a reliable pump that does what it is supposed to do.

Thanks for the help!
    15'x4' Metal Frame Intex (3yrs old) 16" 2650gph intex sand filter, TF-100 testkit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cover pump recommendations.

Best of luck. I have tried four different brands. One brand works very well, but rarely lasts even one season, another falls over and stops running once a week, the third gets clogged with debris way too easily, and so on.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I have had the least issues with the Wayne cover pump....

http://www.amazon.com/Wayne-57729-WY...yne+cover+pump
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    Best of luck. I have tried four different brands. One brand works very well, but rarely lasts even one season, another falls over and stops running once a week, the third gets clogged with debris way too easily, and so on.
    Yep, very frustrating. I may stick it out with this one. I will try the manufacturer again for some direction, but that have not been very helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by racket View Post

I have looked at this one. Has good reviews, but it it pretty expensive. I have even thought of not using a submersible and just running a hose with a trap on it on the cover.
    15'x4' Metal Frame Intex (3yrs old) 16" 2650gph intex sand filter, TF-100 testkit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by racket View Post

I have this exact one from Amazon. Only used since last fall, but I have zero complaints. It's done very well with debris too. It will fall over, but this has happened only a couple of times.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem