Newbie needs equiptment help!

shades

May 30, 2007
New Jersey
I need your help! We are at the scary point of making equiptment purchases for our soon to be completed 25000 gal gunite w/10 ft spa. I have become convinced from posts on gardenweb ( just found this fantastic site) that intelliflow makes sense, any other opinions. Also I think because we like warm water a heat pump for the pool and gas for the spa but what brand and types? Any specific models we should or should not consider?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

The intelliflow is a great pump, it also costs more to purchase than others. One thing to keep in mind is that when all water features are off most pools only need a very small pump. The Intelliflow is not quite as efficient when running at very low speeds. The ideal situation for an Intelliflow is when you have more than one option: spa, waterfall, fountain, etc. The Intelliflow can be adjusted to give you exactly the flow you want for each possible configuration and remain efficient. On a simple pool with no features the Intelliflow is overkill. With a pool and spa combination a carefully selected two speed pump can cost less to purchase and operate than the Intelliflow (but you need to do the size calculation very carefully to realize those savings). The great thing about the fancy version of the Intelliflow is that on anything except the simplest pool you can install it and not worry about calculating anything, it will just work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.