Gonna have to do it all over again...

Jul 29, 2013
Arkadelphia, AR
If you don't know our story, you can click the link in my signature below. The short version of our story is this. Two summers ago, we bought a used 16' floating ring Intex from a friend to see if we would actually use, take care of and enjoy a pool in our back yard. We liked it so much we hauled off and bought a 20' X 52" Intex Ultraframe in the winter of 2013. We did everything right, dug to level, built a frame to contain sand, built a nice little deck off the back of our mobile home to access the pool and enjoyed the heck out of the pool and deck all summer.

Well, last week we went and closed on this...

Yes, that is 5" of snow in Lower Arkansas in late February. It was my Great Uncle and Aunt's house. 1852 sq ft built in 1960 on 5 1/2 acres. We have quite a bit of renovation to do to it, but our goal is to be moved in by Memorial Day Weekend. At that point we get to go to work setting up a pool for the third year in a row. We've created a blog if anyone wants to check in on our progress.

Corey and Deb's 1960 Ranch Renovation

well dang, you are going to be the pool installation expert around here! Congrats! 5-1/2 acres is a nice piece. We've got just under 5 and it is just right.

Sweet! Congrats on the new pad!

Get a bigger pool!!! :mrgreen:

Congrats! Now give yourself a house warming gift. A nice big pool ! We'll all help you spend your money for ya. Lol.

That's what I'm talkin about! I'll sit over here with my beer....

well dang, you are going to be the pool installation expert around here! Congrats! 5-1/2 acres is a nice piece. We've got just under 5 and it is just right.

I don't know about expert, but I know I am going to get tired of setting pools up at this rate. LOL!

Make sure there's not a nice in ground pool buried under that snow!

I wish! I grew up right across the street from here. No pool... dang it.

Sweet! Congrats on the new pad!

Get a bigger pool!!! :mrgreen:

The bigger pool will come after we destroy the Intex. Hopefully we will be well settled in by then or else it is liable to be replaced with a smaller one!

Hi Mac,
I remember watching your intex installation last year.

Congrats on the new digs!
Now get to digging for the new pool!

Man, I wish I could get started on the pool. But getting the renovations done to the house are priority #1 right now so we can move in. Plus we have more freezing rain, sleet and snow supposed to blow in tonight. If the winds are as strong as they say they will be and we get the freezing rain they are expecting we are liable to be out of power for a few days around here.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats!

Thanks!

Congrats! Now give yourself a house warming gift. A nice big pool ! We'll all help you spend your money for ya. Lol.

It is certainly fun spending other people's money! Got the pool, just have to prep the ground and move it.

That's what I'm talkin about! I'll sit over here with my beer....

Pass me one of those beers!!!

Slides beer down south! Just let it sit outside in the au natural cooler! :mrgreen:

Heading out to check my ice cube. lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Congrats on the new house Mac and Professor Daisy! Your build thread was the first one I found when I joined the community. Setting up the pool that big of a deal, you should have it down to an art. Plus the use of machinery alwasy makes it a little easier. If you're wanting to be moved by Memorial Day, wouldn't that be a great time to have the pool ready to go as well?

Slides beer down south! Just let it sit outside in the au natural cooler! :mrgreen:

Heading out to check my ice cube. lol

Casey I never got that beer. Maybe you could ship it UPS? LOL!

Congrats on the new house Mac and Professor Daisy! Your build thread was the first one I found when I joined the community. Setting up the pool that big of a deal, you should have it down to an art. Plus the use of machinery alwasy makes it a little easier. If you're wanting to be moved by Memorial Day, wouldn't that be a great time to have the pool ready to go as well?

KirkMc, I doubt we have the pool up by Memorial Day. We are going to be pushing it to get the house ready by then. We are about to start week number 3 with no electricity. Hopefully the electricians will finish up next week so we can have a full weekend to get stuff done.

Sooo... Our original move in date was going to be last Memorial Day weekend. Man, did I ever over estimate my skills and time management abilities. Deb's dad says I worry too much about things that don't exist. He's right. I have a bad habit of over thinking a project and delaying things because something might come up. We didn't move in until Oct 9th and still lack a few items finishing the house.

We had the house rewired, the original hardwood floors refinished, moved a wall, replaced a window and the kitchen door. Not to mention completely disassembling a chimney brick by brick then repairing the wall the chimney was pulling away from the house and adding a door in it's place to access the deck that will connect our master bedroom and kitchen to the pool. We converted the back den into our master bedroom by adding a bathroom and closet. We refinished the kitchen cabinets, replaced the sink, moved the refrigerator location, added a dishwasher, replaced the stove stop and tiled the kitchen floor and back splash. We cleaned 55 years of grime off every knotty pine board inside the house and cleaned the brick in the living room.

Tomorrow will be one year we've been working on this place. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks we will get the exterior painted and can take this thing from a construction loan to permanent financing.

If you've forgotten all about us and haven't looked at the blog lately, go check it out. We are incredibly proud of the job we've done and would love for everyone to check it out.

The Mac's Ranch House

Oh yeah, and stay tuned.... Pool install #2 will be coming as soon as we get the painting done. We are more than ready to get the pool setup and Trouble free all over again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.