Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gonna have to do it all over again...

1. Back To Top    #1

Gonna have to do it all over again...

If you don't know our story, you can click the link in my signature below. The short version of our story is this. Two summers ago, we bought a used 16' floating ring Intex from a friend to see if we would actually use, take care of and enjoy a pool in our back yard. We liked it so much we hauled off and bought a 20' X 52" Intex Ultraframe in the winter of 2013. We did everything right, dug to level, built a frame to contain sand, built a nice little deck off the back of our mobile home to access the pool and enjoyed the heck out of the pool and deck all summer.

Well, last week we went and closed on this...

Yes, that is 5" of snow in Lower Arkansas in late February. It was my Great Uncle and Aunt's house. 1852 sq ft built in 1960 on 5 1/2 acres. We have quite a bit of renovation to do to it, but our goal is to be moved in by Memorial Day Weekend. At that point we get to go to work setting up a pool for the third year in a row. We've created a blog if anyone wants to check in on our progress.

Corey and Deb's 1960 Ranch Renovation
    Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Gonna have to do it all over again...

well dang, you are going to be the pool installation expert around here! Congrats! 5-1/2 acres is a nice piece. We've got just under 5 and it is just right.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Make sure there's not a nice in ground pool buried under that snow!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi Mac,
    I remember watching your intex installation last year.

Congrats on the new digs!
    Now get to digging for the new pool!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Sweet! Congrats on the new pad!

Get a bigger pool!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Congrats!
    Cornelius 15 Round , Semi Inground, TF-100 Test Kit, Speedstir
    Hayward 2 Speed Pump Swimpro 150 Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover S2-50, Maytronics Solara Heating System

7. Back To Top    #7

Congrats! Now give yourself a house warming gift. A nice big pool ! We'll all help you spend your money for ya. Lol.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by pwrstrk View Post
    Congrats! Now give yourself a house warming gift. A nice big pool ! We'll all help you spend your money for ya. Lol.
    That's what I'm talkin about! I'll sit over here with my beer....

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    well dang, you are going to be the pool installation expert around here! Congrats! 5-1/2 acres is a nice piece. We've got just under 5 and it is just right.
    I don't know about expert, but I know I am going to get tired of setting pools up at this rate. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    Make sure there's not a nice in ground pool buried under that snow!
    I wish! I grew up right across the street from here. No pool... dang it.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Sweet! Congrats on the new pad!

Get a bigger pool!!!
    The bigger pool will come after we destroy the Intex. Hopefully we will be well settled in by then or else it is liable to be replaced with a smaller one!

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    Hi Mac,
    I remember watching your intex installation last year.

Congrats on the new digs!
    Now get to digging for the new pool!
    Man, I wish I could get started on the pool. But getting the renovations done to the house are priority #1 right now so we can move in. Plus we have more freezing rain, sleet and snow supposed to blow in tonight. If the winds are as strong as they say they will be and we get the freezing rain they are expecting we are liable to be out of power for a few days around here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TSiGirl View Post
    Congrats!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pwrstrk View Post
    It is certainly fun spending other people's money! Got the pool, just have to prep the ground and move it.

That's what I'm talkin about! I'll sit over here with my beer....
    Pass me one of those beers!!!
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

10. Back To Top    #10

Slides beer down south! Just let it sit outside in the au natural cooler!

Heading out to check my ice cube. lol

11. Back To Top    #11

Congrats on the new house Mac and Professor Daisy! Your build thread was the first one I found when I joined the community. Setting up the pool that big of a deal, you should have it down to an art. Plus the use of machinery alwasy makes it a little easier. If you're wanting to be moved by Memorial Day, wouldn't that be a great time to have the pool ready to go as well?
    Intex 16 x 48 Ultra Frame, Hayward 1HP pump/Hayward 180T sand filter
    Through wall skimmer, hard plumbed, homemade fountain. To do: keep working on deck, liner during the off season.
    Build thread, in progress: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...e-pool-install

12. Back To Top    #12

Slides beer down south! Just let it sit outside in the au natural cooler!

Heading out to check my ice cube. lol
    Casey I never got that beer. Maybe you could ship it UPS? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by KirkMc View Post
    Congrats on the new house Mac and Professor Daisy! Your build thread was the first one I found when I joined the community. Setting up the pool that big of a deal, you should have it down to an art. Plus the use of machinery alwasy makes it a little easier. If you're wanting to be moved by Memorial Day, wouldn't that be a great time to have the pool ready to go as well?
    KirkMc, I doubt we have the pool up by Memorial Day. We are going to be pushing it to get the house ready by then. We are about to start week number 3 with no electricity. Hopefully the electricians will finish up next week so we can have a full weekend to get stuff done.

13. Back To Top    #13

What?!?! House first, pool second? Get your priorities in order people!
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

14. Back To Top    #14

I drank it Mac! Lol

15. Back To Top    #15

I drank it Mac! Lol
    Dang it Casey!!! Good thing there is a beer store between work and home.

FYI, check out the blog for pics of Deb falling in the kitchen sink! LOL!

16. Back To Top    #16

Congratulations neighbor!
    16x48 Intex Ultraframe vinyl AGP, 2150 gph sand filter/pump (Intex SF70110), Hayward Skimmer, TF-100 test kit

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by mac.dblues View Post
    Dang it Casey!!! Good thing there is a beer store between work and home.

FYI, check out the blog for pics of Deb falling in the kitchen sink! LOL!
    I'll have to check out her skills!

18. Back To Top    #18

Sooo... Our original move in date was going to be last Memorial Day weekend. Man, did I ever over estimate my skills and time management abilities. Deb's dad says I worry too much about things that don't exist. He's right. I have a bad habit of over thinking a project and delaying things because something might come up. We didn't move in until Oct 9th and still lack a few items finishing the house.

We had the house rewired, the original hardwood floors refinished, moved a wall, replaced a window and the kitchen door. Not to mention completely disassembling a chimney brick by brick then repairing the wall the chimney was pulling away from the house and adding a door in it's place to access the deck that will connect our master bedroom and kitchen to the pool. We converted the back den into our master bedroom by adding a bathroom and closet. We refinished the kitchen cabinets, replaced the sink, moved the refrigerator location, added a dishwasher, replaced the stove stop and tiled the kitchen floor and back splash. We cleaned 55 years of grime off every knotty pine board inside the house and cleaned the brick in the living room.

Tomorrow will be one year we've been working on this place. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks we will get the exterior painted and can take this thing from a construction loan to permanent financing.

If you've forgotten all about us and haven't looked at the blog lately, go check it out. We are incredibly proud of the job we've done and would love for everyone to check it out.

The Mac's Ranch House

Oh yeah, and stay tuned.... Pool install #2 will be coming as soon as we get the painting done. We are more than ready to get the pool setup and Trouble free all over again.

19. Back To Top    #19

Congrats! Sounds like pretty much every home improvement project ever! Over budget and behind schedule!
    TFP Moderator

20. Back To Top    #20

I read your blog last night! What an adventure you have been on and what beautiful work you have done to your home. The floors alone-WOW!

Can't wait to read about the pool!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast