About ready to pull the trigger on a Dolphin Nautilus

I pulled the trigger on the Nautilus Plus yesterday. Epic had it listed for $709. I saw it listed a couple other places for $699.99 and called them about matching the price. The nice lady came back and said they could sell it to me for $695, so I gave her my CC number and she got it on the way to me. She said it would take a couple days to get it shipped then 3 days actual shipping time. But, this morning I received a message from UPS that it is due at my house tomorrow EOD. Just in time too. Pulled my mesh cover off last night and pool is pretty dirty; it will be a good test. I'll give feedback soon!

I pulled the trigger on the Nautilus Plus yesterday. Epic had it listed for $709. I saw it listed a couple other places for $699.99 and called them about matching the price. The nice lady came back and said they could sell it to me for $695, so I gave her my CC number and she got it on the way to me. She said it would take a couple days to get it shipped then 3 days actual shipping time. But, this morning I received a message from UPS that it is due at my house tomorrow EOD. Just in time too. Pulled my mesh cover off last night and pool is pretty dirty; it will be a good test. I'll give feedback soon!

Great, give me feedback SRWillis. From What I read on the Z5 seems like its a great product.

I've used it several times now and really like it. It seems to pick up everything. Id does climb the walls and tries to run along the waterline, but doesn't go far. It climbs the steps, but doesn't really clean them. I also ran it under the solar cover with no problems. I like the handle, the top access to the filters and the filter cartridges. As advertised, it's plug and play. So if it lasts a few years, I'll be very happy!

Epic was also good to deal with, under-promised and over-delivered. No problems at all.

Thank you all for your feedback to my questions.

I also purchased the nautilus plus this year to replace a kreepy krauly. It does a great job in my fg pool and does a good job with the water line. I think it will do yours more after it has learned your pool. I'm glad it has a handle. It get heavy with water and I'm glad I have something to grab on to pull it out.

I was amazed the first time I cleaned the filters.

Thanks for the update on the Nautilus Plus. I just ordered from Pool Partz (wanted to order and Epic was closed today). Total price $688. I've had and returned a Kreepy Krauly (awful) and some handheld deal from Costco which was a nightmare. Hoping I like the Nautilus Plus.

I store mine in a a detached garage for now. I'd like to buy or build a secure cabinet to store it in the pool area for the season, then store it in the attached garage in the off-season.

I'm still very impressed with mine. I just put it in and let it do its thing. It seems to be very well engineered and built.

I've used it several times now and really like it. It seems to pick up everything. Id does climb the walls and tries to run along the waterline, but doesn't go far. It climbs the steps, but doesn't really clean them. I also ran it under the solar cover with no problems. I like the handle, the top access to the filters and the filter cartridges. As advertised, it's plug and play. So if it lasts a few years, I'll be very happy!

Epic was also good to deal with, under-promised and over-delivered. No problems at all.

Thank you all for your feedback to my questions.

Oh wow, so you CAN run it under a solar blanket?? This is great news. I'm looking to buy a pool cleaning robot and have been considering the Nautilus. Anyone know if this bit of good news is universal among these types of cleaners? I just assumed when they cleaned the waterline that they'd suck up the cover and damage it. Or that the cord would wrap up the cover and get tangled somehow. Thanks for mentioning this!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.