Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About ready to pull the trigger on a Dolphin Nautilus

1. Back To Top    #1

About ready to pull the trigger on a Dolphin Nautilus

Are there any good deals out there now or does anyone usually have a sale in the spring on them?

TIA, Stan
    1994 18X36 IG vinyl, about 24,000 gallons, Hayward sand filter model S244T, 2 speed 1hp pump w/timer, Dolphin Nautilus Plus Robot, in beautiful SW Ohio.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aout ready to pull the trigger on a Dolphin Nautilus

Haven't been following sorry. Which model are you looking at?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    Haven't been following sorry. Which model are you looking at?
    The Dolphin Nautilus seems like the one I need. Of coarse if there's a better one for the money, I'd be interested. I'm not really concerned with the walls or the waterline, it's the bottom that gives me trouble.
    1994 18X36 IG vinyl, about 24,000 gallons, Hayward sand filter model S244T, 2 speed 1hp pump w/timer, Dolphin Nautilus Plus Robot, in beautiful SW Ohio.

4. Back To Top    #4

Keep your eye peeled on epicpoolsupplydotcom.

Also amazon is a good source.

Epic runs sales early and late of the swim season. Got my nautilus for 500 from them.
    I belive it was May last year when I found it.

Quote Originally Posted by SRWillis View Post
    The Dolphin Nautilus seems like the one I need. Of coarse if there's a better one for the money, I'd be interested. I'm not really concerned with the walls or the waterline, it's the bottom that gives me trouble.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: About ready to pull the trigger on a Dolphin Nautilus

I'll do that Divin Dave, thanks for the heads up! $500ish would be very good.

6. Back To Top    #6

if you don't care about the waterline, then any of them will be fine. I got the primal X3 off of ebay, same as supreme m3. I think it was 600 dollars maybe. I liked the green color. The oasis Z5 has 3 year warranty and was on special for 1000 or a little less, it really is a much better cleaner if you have the extra money. This X3 gets the job done but its nothing like my blue diamond was.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the input Rob, I had seen the Primal X3 and wondered about it.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
    if you don't care about the waterline, then any of them will be fine. I got the primal X3 off of ebay, same as supreme m3. I think it was 600 dollars maybe. I liked the green color. The oasis Z5 has 3 year warranty and was on special for 1000 or a little less, it really is a much better cleaner if you have the extra money. This X3 gets the job done but its nothing like my blue diamond was.
    where did you see a Z5 for $1000 or less? I've never seen or heard of it being that low.

9. Back To Top    #9

The place that sells them had a coupon, like 100 off, it ended up being I think 975 with free shipping, I don't know if they raised the prices. I think code was like dolphin100
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

10. Back To Top    #10

you can also often find last years models at very reasonable prices. The models become "discontinued" due to various reasons, none of which are actually performance related. Mostly just marketing hype with an option added and call it a new model.

I saw a Z5 open box on Inyo pool site a few days ago for I think 700. I was hard for me not to pull the trigger and buy it myself!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

11. Back To Top    #11

Don't know anything about cleaners, but this place has the Polaris 9100 on sale. Says it is usually $699.99, on sale for $349.99

http://www.inyopools.com/robotic-pool-cleaners.aspx
    2014 Used 33'x54" Wilbar Morada,deep end approx 28,800 gal.
    Hayward S180T1580S pump/filter combo,
    Pentair Aqualuminator light/return, Aquabot S2-50
    TF-100 kit, Initial fill with pond water
    South Central Iowa

12. Back To Top    #12

I was in a store that told me rebates start on 4/1. I can't remember if that was for Dolphin or Blue Diamond. I will try to find the notes that I wrote and repost.
    Go into a smaller mom and pop store (not chain) if there are any near you and ask if they have any rebates.
    New Pool Owner - Please help!!
    23k? gallon 16x32 Vinyl IG, Hayward Micro-Clear DE 4800 filter
    Hayward CL220 Chlorine Feeder, Polaris P955 cleaner
    TF-100 test kit, Full sun until 5pm

13. Back To Top    #13

open box might be only 1 year warranty, if not, that was a screaming deal. The 9100 I believe is the old polaris model and it only cleans in one direction. There was as of a day or two ago a blue diamond cleaner on ebay with a damaged box for 850.

14. Back To Top    #14

They have went and clouded the water again for me; they've come out w/the Nautilus Plus for 2015:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331507920286...%3AIT#ht_0wt_0

15. Back To Top    #15

Looks like they put a new body on it and added holes on the bottom so the water will drop out easier. Having owned a number of different robots, I can honestly tell you cheaper ones aren't as good, if you can afford the extra money, I would get one with the dual brushes on each side as they turn much much better. Also if the extra money buys a year longer warranty, its not a bad deal at all.

They have went and clouded the water again for me; they've come out w/the Nautilus Plus for 2015:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331507920286...%3AIT#ht_0wt_0

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
    Looks like they put a new body on it and added holes on the bottom so the water will drop out easier. Having owned a number of different robots, I can honestly tell you cheaper ones aren't as good, if you can afford the extra money, I would get one with the dual brushes on each side as they turn much much better. Also if the extra money buys a year longer warranty, its not a bad deal at all.
    Thanks Rob. Would I have to go to the Z5 to get the dual brushes?

Epic has the Nautilus Plus for $709 now. I really wasn't wanting to spend that much, but I like the newer model.

17. Back To Top    #17

Yes, you would have to go Z5 or another or another of the more expensive models to get dual motors that can turn on the floor. 709 is pretty cheap for a cleaner. I paid 600 for mine but I would have bought a better one if I could. There is a big difference from my others. Not that this cleaner is bad, its just there is definitely a difference.

18. Back To Top    #18

1150 with free shipping for Z5 with dolphin100 promo code. 3 year warranty, That is the best deal out there. If you figure the nautilus plus has 2 year warranty, thats a little over 350 a year. The Z5 with 3 years is very little more than that per year of warranty and its a much better cleaner.

19. Back To Top    #19

I saw the new nautilus on epic. I can tell ya, after having a nautilus for a year now and knowing what I know and experience, the handle on the new one, would be worth the extra money.
    At times, if Im tired from working all day, its a bit of a pain to not have a handle on that thing for helping get it out of the water. For the money though, I still highly recommend the nautilus. Handle or not.

Thanks Rob. Would I have to go to the Z5 to get the dual brushes?

Epic has the Nautilus Plus for $709 now. I really wasn't wanting to spend that much, but I like the newer model.
    Divin Dave,

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    I saw the new nautilus on epic. I can tell ya, after having a nautilus for a year now and knowing what I know and experience, the handle on the new one, would be worth the extra money.
    At times, if Im tired from working all day, its a bit of a pain to not have a handle on that thing for helping get it out of the water. For the money though, I still highly recommend the nautilus. Handle or not.
    Dave, how well does your Nautilus perform? I was torn between the Nautilus Plus (Pro) & the Z5. I got the Z5 mostly because for only 350 more I got a better cleaner and 1 more yr on warranty.

Let me know your thoughts on the Nautilus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast