Hi, this is my first post.
I'm a relatively new pool owner and just trying to get things balanced so I can have a stable pool. It's been an up and down process over summer and I've suffered a few algae outbreaks over summer. The last was last week and I shocked the pool, probably a little too much.
I just tested with my test kit and the levels are as follows:
FC: 46ppm (yes, that is not a typo)
CC: (I didn't test as I didn't want to use all the reagent)
I didn't do he other tests. I added lots of chlorine on the weekend and left the SWG running for 2 days 24x7. I'm in sydney and it was cloudy here today.
What should I do now to bring the chlorine level down? Just switch off the SWG and leave it for a couple of days? How many days will it take to go down?