Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Before you buy....

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Before you buy....

Call the internet sellers customer service department and see how it goes.
    Once you own it and cant get parts, well...................

test them FIRST

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Before you buy....

Wecome to the forum!

Is this with regard to something specific? Pools, heaters, cleaners, et all???
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I contacted Sharkline the other day and they said I can get a gallon of touch up paint for my pool for $73. That was a conversation that just made me sad.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

4. Back To Top    #4

Sound advice, but if that's epoxy paint, it's not really that far out of line.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Would you recommend that I purchase from them? I have some scratches and nicks on the top rails from tree parts that have fallen off and hit them. After that quote, I was leaning towards a can of Rustoleum.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by f3justusc View Post
    Would you recommend that I purchase from them? I have some scratches and nicks on the top rails from tree parts that have fallen off and hit them. After that quote, I was leaning towards a can of Rustoleum.
    I have no idea. My pool is inground.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!