Yet another Texas pool build!

Thanks for the well wishes. I think I am almost over it. My whole family cycled through the 24 hour flu from Friday to Sunday. I was the last and Monday night we had dinner and my stomach just wasn't ready for it yet so today was rough. I feel much better tonight though. I am hoping for some good sleep!

So it paid off being home yesterday. I managed to convince the tile guy that he needed to knock on the tiles and replace ALL the tiles that sounded hollow. He was kinda stand offish but he did it. I know my PB told them to do that but they weren't planning on doing it as far as I could tell.

Another thing that paid off is I was planning on paying some cash after my pool was done to get my sprinklers working right. The PB was on the hook to replace the ones he took out for the new grass areas but the existing sprinklers in my front needed a lot of work. I had several that were popping up in bad places because the previous owner added flower beds and didn't move sprinklers. Those got moved last time the irrigation guys were out. I still had lots of sprinklers too low in the grass etc... Well the sod guys yesterday fixed all my sprinklers. They all shoot straight and pop up over the grass (my grass is cut pretty tall). Anyway I just ordered 16 new Hunter PGP rotors to replace all the originals so that is all that is left and my sprinkler system should be like new. I'll probably dig them up myself and replace them. The kids will enjoy the day being outside since it is finally getting cool enough for me to be out there :)

Win-Win and it sounds like you are feeling better today. Make sure to eat light for a while though.

Kim

Thanks I have learned that the hard way.

Glad to see you are having some progress! Sorry you're sick!
any news on the pebble tec???

The running estimate for pebble tec is "Next week". It has been "Next week" since they finished my deck. I think I'll have a solid plaster date when I see the truck in front of my house.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So frankly I don't know what is happening at this point. The Sales Manager and my girlfriend were out on Saturday looking at the punch list I gave them. They seemed to be ok with it but who knows when the work will actually get done. They seem confident they can still get finished this week but I don't have high hopes. The list is huge and given that they are back to doing 1 thing per week I just don't see this happening anytime soon.

I am a little discouraged again. Here I was supposed to have a pool done by the beginning of July (based on promises) and I knew that was a long shot but I was truly hoping for August so we could get some swimming done. Now the way it sits I'll be lucky to be done in October. I have foot surgery this next month plus a business trip. Then the next month will be December and we will be out the 2nd half of the month for a trip to California with family. The PB said they would maintain our pool while we were gone because frankly it has me majorly stressed out that I couldn't have the pool in balance before our trip.

Anyway seeing all these builds that started way after mine and then are done way before mine has gotten me bummed out. Some of them are even more complicated than mine and started in July/August and are now getting plastered and I started in March. I am truly happy for everyone but I feel like the single person at everyone's wedding where you are happy for them but lose all hope of getting any type of reward for yourself.

I do have to say I love my yard now that it is no longer a sea of dirt. A lot of my Hunter PGP sprinklers were leaking around the seams so I replaced them all on Saturday. So my entire sprinkler system is now in tip top shape. I am truly happy about that as it was something looming over my head. After the pool is done I just need to paint my deck and my concrete slab so they are presentable. Probably in the beginning of next year. (they tore it up pretty good going up and down to plug in electric and hook up the the hose bib.)

Sorry to hear about the continued delays with your build! The dig started July 20th and we were told it would be done by Labor Day. Labor Day came and went but we finally jumped in September 25th. Hopefully there won't be any further issues/delays and you'll be able to jump in before your foot surgery and trips. Good luck and we'll be crossing our fingers for you!

Has the PB said what the hold up is? This just breaks my heart for you no look every day to see if you have posted any news. Hang in there. I hope you have EVERYTHING well documented. You never know if you will need it...
Maybe the PB just needs some "pressure" applied. The old adage, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is true. Maybe you need to "squeak" a little louder and more frequently.

Sorry to hear about the continued delays with your build! The dig started July 20th and we were told it would be done by Labor Day. Labor Day came and went but we finally jumped in September 25th. Hopefully there won't be any further issues/delays and you'll be able to jump in before your foot surgery and trips. Good luck and we'll be crossing our fingers for you!

Our dig started on May 20th which was 2.5 months after we signed. At this point I really don't see anymore pools on here that started around when ours did that isn't done. The pools that are being finished now all started at least 2 or 3 months after ours if not sooner.

Has the PB said what the hold up is? This just breaks my heart for you no look every day to see if you have posted any news. Hang in there. I hope you have EVERYTHING well documented. You never know if you will need it...
Maybe the PB just needs some "pressure" applied. The old adage, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is true. Maybe you need to "squeak" a little louder and more frequently.

I sent a text asking where the workers are today. I told them that they have only done 2 days worth of work in the past 3 weeks. There are lots of excuses like the electrician came out and couldn't work so they left because not all the stuff was here. I then heard Thursday of last week he was rounding up the stuff and the electrician would be back Fri or Sat. Then on Saturday he told me in person they would be here today. Guess what? Still no electrician. They blame needing to find better subs but frankly I am tired of excuses. I want people to show up when they say they will show up. If that doesn't happen then at least the same week would be awesome but frankly I have no hopes of anyone coming even the week they tell me. He has been telling me the electricians are coming out for 2.5 weeks now and it is always the next couple days but it just keeps slipping more and more.

Our dig started on May 20th which was 2.5 months after we signed. At this point I really don't see anymore pools on here that started around when ours did that isn't done. The pools that are being finished now all started at least 2 or 3 months after ours if not sooner.

I sent a text asking where the workers are today. I told them that they have only done 2 days worth of work in the past 3 weeks. There are lots of excuses like the electrician came out and couldn't work so they left because not all the stuff was here. I then heard Thursday of last week he was rounding up the stuff and the electrician would be back Fri or Sat. Then on Saturday he told me in person they would be here today. Guess what? Still no electrician. They blame needing to find better subs but frankly I am tired of excuses. I want people to show up when they say they will show up. If that doesn't happen then at least the same week would be awesome but frankly I have no hopes of anyone coming even the week they tell me. He has been telling me the electricians are coming out for 2.5 weeks now and it is always the next couple days but it just keeps slipping more and more.

I don't know how you are dealing with this ****. At this point they owe you a refund of some money. I know they have upgraded but they still can't get their stuff together.

Just to make you feel better a pool in my neighborhood started about the same time yours did (right before all the flooding) and I don't know if they are finished yet either. They put their fence back up about a week ago, so I can't see anymore when I drive by

This sounds so frustrating. I can't imagine how stressful it is to have this project dragging out for so long! I hope they get their act together soon.

Just imagine next summer when all of this is behind you, how much you will enjoy your amazingly beautiful backyard oasis :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.