Yet another Texas pool build!

I hate that you are still fighting with them to get your pool finished but wow what a pool! LOVE IT! Like you, I can't wait for the temps to get a little warmer! Has your color changed anymore? I swear my PT gets more beautiful as time goes by! #WeNeedMorePics :)

I really love the finish. It seems to change all the time but I think it has more to do with the sun in the horizon and the shadows. Sometimes I think it is splotchy but then that ends up being tree shadows. The finish is really nice!

Here are some more recent photos of the kids swimming:
pool1_zpsa5aa0lu6.jpg

pool2_zps0ir0jpnx.jpg

pool4_zpsaqogm2yc.jpg

pool3_zpsb0ejmlyp.jpg

Umm, your pool is beautiful! Everything looks fabulous! I agree that low 80 degree water is a bit brisk, but I've managed to get in a few times. Can't wait til it warms up!

I think I agree with you about going to the tile yard and just getting a few pavers and having your guy do the replacement. That way you can be done with it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So last week I told myself I was giving them to the end of the week. I called on Tuesday and left a message with the guy who is supposed to be overseeing the finishing touches to my pool. He didn't call me Tuesday so I called the office on Wednesday and asked for both the guy who is overseeing my build to call me back and for the owner to call me back. I had a nice chat with the lady who answers the phone. Then by Friday I hadn't heard anything so I left work a bit early and showed up 10 minutes before they closed. I am sure they weren't too happy about it but oh well.

The place is a mess (not literally but business wise). The CEO who really was a huge scumbag and was lying to me constantly finally got fired by the owners. Almost everyone is gone. There is basically a salesman, a salesman who turned construction overseer, the nice lady, and maybe one more person. They have cut almost all staff except for a skeleton crew. I think the owner is getting really stingy with money because he is taking forever to approve workers. I told the guy who is overseeing my pool that I wanted the pavers order this week and I expected work to be completed in a month. If that cannot be done then I would be filing a complaint with the BBB.

From the looks of things it appears to me that this company is on its last legs. I don't see how they can be successful running in this way. They were trying to sell a pool while I was there (I never say anything) but I really feel for them signing at this point. The good news is that the company is the parent company (huge successful commercial pool builder and pool plastering business) DBA as my pool builder. So if that parent business doesn't go under (I don't think it will) they will have to honor my contract and also my warranty. I was worried about the warranty mostly.

You did good showing up at that time. All they could think of was getting out! I hope they follow through!

Sad about them cutting staff and they are still taking new clients :(

Kim:cat:

The actual owner called me today. He was really nice. It is a shame he didn't call me a long time ago. He said he isn't going out of business anytime soon. They are extremely financially viable. He also has a 20 million dollar bond to handle any issues that come up. I think basically what this all boils down to is who they hired to run this branch of the business. He was a lair and a scum bag. The owner said he fired him because he lied to him and won't tolerate liars in his business. I feel better about the company now. It will be interesting to see what happens with them. I have the owners phone number in case anything comes up. He said my pavers are being ordered this week and they hope to have my work done in the next few weeks.

Ok latest update!

My pool is complete as far as the construction phase. They have completed basically the entire punch list. Now I have some work that is warranty that they are going to get the paver sub to come out and fix because a few of my pavers are sinking so they have to fix it.

Thankfully everything else is done! They went above and beyond and fixed everything and plus some things they found while out fixing my other stuff.

Original items fixed:
Pavers replaced that were stained
Fixed wall that was leaching road base that originally stained pavers

Additional items fixed that they found:
Skimmer lids weren't recessed and just sitting on top of pavers. They cut down the pavers and recessed the lids and added poly sand around them.
Painted white pipes to color that matched surroundings
Fixed my aerator output so it could receive the fitting
Fixed my bubbler so it works better
Replaced stripped out screw on my LED light I couldn't get out when battling an algae outbreak in my pool. (pool never turned green but my SWG couldn't keep up. Found out needed to SLAM due to OCLT fail).

Plus they put me on a JVA that I bought so I could control my bubbler with my remote.

Congrats on finishing the build! I really like the way your deck turned out. As a fellow Austinite, I was curious how hot the Belgard pavers are getting this time of year. I love the look of pavers, but I'm leery of baking the kids' feet when it's 103 F outside. Is it tolerable, or are you guys dancing to get to the pool in the afternoons?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.