Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hot springs spa- ace salt water system help

1. Back To Top    #1
    Cleveland, OH

Hot springs spa- ace salt water system help

I have a hot springs spa with an ace salt water system. Everything has been running fine and chemicals have been balanced withing varying ranges of normal for over a year. I went to do my weekly check yesterday and the clorine was gone. I added a little granular shock and turned the output to "boost". Re-check today, still no chlorine and the system check is flashing "0" and the system light is doing a slow blink. I turned everything off and cleaned the cell. Turned back on, added some more shock and ran the jets for 30 minutes. I'm now getting a clorine reading (probably just from the shock) and ran another system check. It is still flashing 0 with the system indicator light blinking. What should I check next? The filter looks fine too.
    13,000 gal, IG vinyl, Jandy CV 340 cartridge filter, Jandy 1.5 FloPro pump, inline auto chlorinator, Legacy LRZM heater, Jandy waterfall pump, Automatic pool cover. Hot Springs Spa ~ Flair 326 gal with Ace Salt Water System.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Hot springs spa- ace salt water system help

According to the manual you should access the ACE system menus on the main control panel to read the status message, which is supposed to contain something more descriptive.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Knoxville, TN

Re: Hot springs spa- ace salt water system help

How old exactly is the ace cell? Sounds like the cell is bad just from your description.