Low Water Return from Filters to the Pool

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

More often than not, your symptoms are perfectly normal.

Your filter is doing what it should be doing.....filtering and catching debris from your pool water. This extra debris causes your psi to go up (30 is w-a-a-ay too high) and restricts the flow into the pool.

My guess is you are not keeping enough chlorine in your water to prevent algae growth so, even though your water may look clear, you are filtering algae which will constantly and forever clog your filter until you get rid of it.

1. Can you post a full set of test results....

FC
CC
pH
CH
CYA

2. What does your water look like?

3. What is your normal psi when the filters have just been cleaned?

Thanks for the warm welcome - good friend recommended this site:p

Yes, we have been battling algae and major debris - high wind lots of leaves...

Our test kit only shows FC / pH - we normally have results done at local hardware store ... more to come on that..

Currently water looks cloudy and still have algae on the bottom

Normal PSI around 20 - before fall / winter..

Welcome to TFP !
To get rid of the algae bloom you need to follow the SLAM Process
To be able to SLAM the pool your going to need an accurate way to test your water chemistry. These are the Test Kitswe recommend for accurate water testing. The TF100 is the best value. Order it with the XL option. That will give you the extra reagents for the SLAM process.
Next I suggest you do some reading in Pool School to get up to speed on your water chemistry. Here are a few good articles to start with.
ABC'S Of Pool Water Chemistry
How To Chlorinate Your Pool
When you have questions as I'm sure you will don't hesitate to ask ! Keep all your questions in this thread as it makes it easier for everybody to see your history.
If you could add all your pool and equipment info to your sig that will help us better help you.
Thanks Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.