Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lil' Shark in AGP with deepend - HELP!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Lil' Shark in AGP with deepend - HELP!!

Ok, I am a little frustrated now. I bought the lil shark because of all the great reviews. However, it gets in the deep end and won't come out. It won't climb the incline, not even the slight ramp to the shallow end. It cleans the heck out of the deep end but that is about it. It only came with so much hose so I had to add some segments to get it to cover the 18x34 size. Am I doing something wrong? I have backwashed the filter and its running fine. But for some reason I cannot get a pool cleaner that will clean my pool end to end. Is this too much to expect? I don't mean leaves and such, I mean the sandy like debris that collects on the bottom over time.
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lil' Shark in AGP with deepend - HELP!!

I'm still manually sweeping mine so I'm not at all well versed on these cleaners but maybe it's just not the right cleaner for you? What I mean is, maybe you need an in ground cleaner that can handle the slope.

Someone with more knowledge on the matter should be able to offer more info than clueless me but that's my first thought since you have a deep end.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Their product brochure says for flat or "dish-bottomed" pools. I wouldn't think it was ever designed for a deep end situation.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh. I thought dish bottom was deep end. Great. Any recommendations? I guess I am going to have to spend a bundle to get one that will work.
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB

5. Back To Top    #5

Sorry to here this Glock. Hope things work out for the best !
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm guessing their...."dish"........ is pretty shallow!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

7. Back To Top    #7

Yeah it sounds that way. It also sounds like this in not an issue with deep ends that has ever been addressed since there doesn't appear to be a way to deal with it.

8. Back To Top    #8

I have the lil shark and it does not even attempt to climb walls so I imagine it will not be able to climb out of a true "deep end".
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).