I'm in the process of determining specifications for our pool and have some questions. It'll be IG 100' circumference free form with an attached 8' diameter spa with a spillover. Depth will be 3.5 to 6. In no particular order then:
1) One or two skimmers?
2) Four pool returns? More importantly, how do these get plumbed to enable reasonably equal flow? Putting a loop around the entire pool? Split the line four ways at the equipment pad and put a ball valve on each? Other?
3) Assuming I put a bypass around the heater, how do you adjust that bypass (other than spending close to $200 on two flow meters...)
4) Two spa main drains seems like it'll be a bit tight down there but otherwise I'd be worried about potential entrapment. So what is recommended?
5) Is it ok to have the spa return through the six jets during filtration cycles or do I need a separate spa return? I'm thinking of running a VS pump so I can get away with just the one pump; low speed for filtration cycle and high speed to spa only for spa action.
6) I've read somewhere that installing a check valve just upstream of the SWCG is a good idea. True?
Thanks in advance for your comments