Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New member-SunnyBama

1. Back To Top    #1
    Birmingham, Alabama

New member-SunnyBama

Hi everyone! I'm Joy from Birmingham, Alabama. This is a great site! I've already learned quite a bit. I'm a newbie to pool maintenance; I bought the pool in August 2014 and used PoolMath to keep it sparkly until I closed it for winter. Only a few weeks until I can get it opened, so I'm going to read up and research in the forums and Pool School to be ready! Keep up the great work!
    Intex Ultra Frame 20'x52" pool (10,600 gallons); Sand filter (Model SF80110); Krystal Clear SWG (Model CS8110); AquaBot PoolRover Jr. Pool Cleaner; TF-100 Test Kit with SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: New member-SunnyBama

Hi Sunny,
    welcome to TFP!

That's some great homework you've done!
    Keep reading Pool School and let us know if you have any questions.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Elverson Pa.

Welcome to TFP Joy !!
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Excellent Sunny, glad you decided to join us! Welcome to the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

5. Back To Top    #5
    DFW, Texas

Welcome and enjoy the forum!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

6. Back To Top    #6

Palm Bay, FL

Looks like you did it right: I wish I had done what you did. I started out last summer, and it was a nightmare before I found the right information (this site was my best source). It also cost me hundreds of dollars (fortunately not thousands) following bad advice from local pool stores in an attempt to keep my pool not-green. My turning point was late summer/early fall when I spent an entire weekend on a crash course in pool maintenance. From that point on, I've enjoyed the sparkly pool that you had the good sense to learn how to keep from the start. This site's Pool School is an excellent resource, as you've no doubt already learned. Enjoy the pool!
    5k gal, IG vinyl, Sta-Rite P2R (or P2RA?) series pump, 100 sq ft cartage filter, install date 1996

7. Back To Top    #7
    East Texas

Admiring your TFP Platinum monniker. Thank you for supporting the site. Welcome!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!