Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Above Ground Pool Builders in MN

1. Back To Top    #1

Above Ground Pool Builders in MN

I am wondering if any Minnesotans can come out of hibernation and give me their opinion of where to start. We are needing to have the liner lifted (is it worth saving?) and the sand floor redone. It was installed in September 2011. We did not have the foam cove installed as we were told it was unnecessary so the installer made a sand cove. As you can see from the pics, the sand has settled around the floor supports and the bottom rim is no longer making contact with the sidewall. The area is extremely sandy (fine, fine sand) and I don't know if that is playing into it. I don't know if they used a compactor on the sand before installation. Thanks for your help.
    IMG-20141019-00349.jpg IMG-20141006-00323.jpg
    blondemarcello
    18x33 16,700 gallon AG
    Sand, TFP Test, Gas heater
    Minnesota

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Above Ground Pool Builders in MN

Hi blondemarcello,
    Im afraid I cant help you, but here is a bump for you.
    Maybe some will be along soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi blondemarcello,
    Im afraid I cant help you, but here is a bump for you.
    Maybe someone will be along soon.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Anyone????
    blondemarcello
    18x33 16,700 gallon AG
    Minnesota

4. Back To Top    #4

Last call for alcohol. Well, okay, last call for help. Anyone in MN thinking about their pools yet?
    blondemarcello
    18x33 16,700 gallon AG
    Minnesota

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm thinking about my pool and the plumbing I need to rework once it opens but I have an inground concrete/vinyl liner. There are two builders in our area, probably many more down in the Twin Cities area. Your best bet is to get several of them to come and have a look, give you estimates and go from there. I have had one of the builders/pool stores at my pool from this area and can only give them a C grade for their pool repair services and a D at best for their pool store/chemical sales operation. My neighbors are starting a build with this company and even with my limited knowledge of pool equipment and experience, I feel I had better advice to give on what equipment they should have included in the quote for build.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

6. Back To Top    #6

You can do this yourself and probably do a better job than what you'll pay for.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

So if we were to attempt this ourselves,what would we do? Knowing that most of it will be done by me because of dh's bad back.
    blondemarcello
    18x33 16,700 gallon AG
    Minnesota

8. Back To Top    #8

Sorry no one has thawed out yet to help. I was wondering if you got your pool fixed? Im in mn and am wondering if what I see is the same thing that happened to us. The pool wall came out of the track because the posts shifted and the rail sank.

Unfortunately, unless you have a doughboy pool, I think there is only one guy that does all the above ground pool install and repair work (JTS pools out of Stacy). You can call penguin pools but it is almost 3000.00 for them to do a liner replacement.

Hindsight after Dh and I tore our pool down last summer and the battle to fix it it may have been worth it to pay someone!

I can't tell you the arguments I had with the store formelry known as Wxxxon's. I told them the pool was installed on sand and this is what happens. They said this never happens. You are now case #2!
    24' Round Diamond Star, 54" wall height, 200sq ft sta-rite cartridge filter
    Dynamo 1hp 2 speed pump, 199k Rheem milivolt heater
    Pool rover jr. - our best friend!
    Tf-100 plus borate strips and Taylor k1000.

9. Back To Top    #9

Thank you for your reply, MN Pool Dreamer. I am actually waiting for JTS to call me back. Fingers crossed that they return my call today or tomorrow.
    blondemarcello
    18x33 16,700 gallon AG
    Minnesota

10. Back To Top    #10

I had a gentleman, redo my floor, fix some of my walls and install a new liner and he did a fantastic job!! I would be more than happy to share his info, if your still looking, he came out and looked at my pool and was very honest on what he thought he could save, fix or repair.
    24 ft R, Niagara by Asahi Pools, ABG, 13500 gallon, hayward 1hp single speed pump, swim pro sand filter.