salt system for aluminum

If the aluminum is exposed to water then you should connect the aluminum to a zinc (or magnesium) anode buried in moist soil to help prevent metal corrosion from the higher salt level. Aluminum is not as corrosion resistant as the stainless steel typically used in pools.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What brand pool are you looking at? Ours recently had a big limb fall on it and needs to be replaced. I found one that is built out of extruded aluminum panels. I have a SWG from our current pool and would probably continue using it. The one I read about has all stainless hardware which I think is important. Our pool came without stainless screws in alot of places and by the time I noticed it most of the screws could not be removed so they could be replaced. If I had to change the liner it would have been alot of trouble getting the top rail off. My concern with the aluminum pool would be that the top rails might get extreamly hot in the Texas sun.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.