Jandy RS485 protocol for Chemlink

I've been running a $10 RS485 adapter to monitor my pool equipment and extract some extra data from it (pump power/rpm, SWG performance,...).
Now I'd like to automate the measurement of Ph and ORP using some Atlas Scientific probes.
I would like to do this by faking the protocol of a Jandy Chemlink system, so the data shows up on the RS485 bus.
Has anyone looked at this protocol? I can decode it from a sniffer, but I don't have the Chemlink device installed. I tried reverse engineering the Aqualink simulator communications, but without result so far.
I have a full set of scripts and tools to look at it if anyone has an RS485 adapter and a Chemlink C1900 (or similar) device.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello pvancorenland,

I think its great that you got the RS485 adapter to monitor your pool equipment. Have you posted source code of your scripts, diagrams of wiring, etc like on GitHub or anything (like opensourcing it)?

Is it possible I can get a copy of what you did? I'm planning a pool monitoring and automation system that I'd like to build from Arduino and Raspberry Pi. Anything you can do would be appreciated!

Thanks,

John

- - - Updated - - -

Also I have to ask, is the SWG you are monitoring an Aqua-Rite?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.