Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy RS485 protocol for Chemlink

1. Back To Top    #1

United States

Jandy RS485 protocol for Chemlink

I've been running a $10 RS485 adapter to monitor my pool equipment and extract some extra data from it (pump power/rpm, SWG performance,...).
    Now I'd like to automate the measurement of Ph and ORP using some Atlas Scientific probes.
    I would like to do this by faking the protocol of a Jandy Chemlink system, so the data shows up on the RS485 bus.
    Has anyone looked at this protocol? I can decode it from a sniffer, but I don't have the Chemlink device installed. I tried reverse engineering the Aqualink simulator communications, but without result so far.
    I have a full set of scripts and tools to look at it if anyone has an RS485 adapter and a Chemlink C1900 (or similar) device.
    Last edited by Patrick_B; 02-26-2015 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Same Subject/Topic
    16000 gallon gunite pool, Intelliflo VF pump (3HP), Aquarite 25k Gallon SWG (rev 1.59), Aqualink RS-8 combo, iAqualink wifi control panel (rev R)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy RS485 protocol for Chemlink

Welcome to the Forum,

A tough one as I mentioned in PM, but hopefully you can find the answer to this one. Wish I could help more.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    Longview, Texas

Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Hello pvancorenland,

I think its great that you got the RS485 adapter to monitor your pool equipment. Have you posted source code of your scripts, diagrams of wiring, etc like on GitHub or anything (like opensourcing it)?

Is it possible I can get a copy of what you did? I'm planning a pool monitoring and automation system that I'd like to build from Arduino and Raspberry Pi. Anything you can do would be appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

Also I have to ask, is the SWG you are monitoring an Aqua-Rite?