Can I get a price on my 1st bid??

TCB

Feb 17, 2015
Aledo/Texas
STRUCTURE:
Custom pool, spa max length 31', max width 24'. 450 sq ft up to 6' depth profile
Choice of standard tile, flagstone coping, veneer
1/2 inch steel throughout structure, minimum 10" o.c.b.w., at transitions/breaks 5x10 ocbw
pluming
Oversized tan ledge 6' x 10' with bubbler(s), steps, additional benches per plan
7' Raised spa, tiered spillway, 6 Pulsator rotating therapy jets
Custom rockwork waterfall, approx 2' x 12'
Sparklequartz/DiamondBrite aggregate plaster system, choice of color
870 sq ft choice of natural salt-finish concrete deck or seeded aggregate
Seating table(in the pool 7' across with flagstone top
EQUIPMENT:
Digital timer RS system with freeze protection
iAqualink remote control from any smart device or computer
Jandy 2hp variable-speed main pump (energy efficient)
Jandy 580 sq ft cartridge filter (no backwashing), or 60 sq ft DE with backwash valve
400,000 btu JXi heater
Additional pump for water features
1.5 hp air blower (puts air bubbles in spa when desired)
2 skimmers, dual main drains, all lines plumbed separately
500 w plus 100 w lights in pool, 100 w light in spa
Polaris Black Max 280 cleaner, separate 3/4 hp pump
In-line chlorine feeder
Typhoon slide, installed
GENERAL:
Necessary taxes included
Pole, brush, maintenance kit, initial chemical supply included
Safety door alarm(s) included
Basic sprinkler repair/re-zone included
Standard electric (up to 100') and plumbing runs included up to 60' to equipment Propane hook up to heater by buyer
Final clean and grading included
$ 55,000

Thanks
TCB

Looks like it will be a nice pool.

couple of comments

Chlorine feeder
If its a Chlrine tablet feeder, I would ditch that and either go with a Saltwater Chlorine Generator with adds $, or go with a liquid chlorine injection system which is also pricey, or just add liquid chlorine by hand every day.

Cleaner
Have you considered a robot cleaner? they are much more energy efficient than a pressure side cleaner booster pump.
That said, the polaris is a great cleaner.
One note about robots, if you consider it, there are some that are not very good and there are great ones. You get what you pay for when it comes to robots.

Feel free if you have any questions to ask.

Thanks for the intel DD... I'm not sure about the salt system I had a guy over last night that put the fear in me about using them.

Welcome to TFP if I haven't said so already,

Dave makes some great suggestions, especially on the Robot. I can't encourage you strongly enough on this one. Best decision we made overall, and we are very happy with that decision. The cost of the top of the line Robot is about the same as putting in a pressure cleaner. With a new build, I'm of the mindset that it's the only way to go.

Just curious, what fear tactic did the PB use on you about the salt? It can be a great choice, but PB's withouth experiece with them tend to shy. In the end, it's a personal choice.

There are some things about using a Salt System, that if known in advance, can make owning one the only way to go.

However if you dont know what they can and cannot do, then the results can be less than satisfactory.

Collectively on this forum, there are 1000's of us who use SWG's and I cant think of an instance that anyone is really unhappy with them.
The trick is knowing the plus and the minus, and get rid of the minus. It really is all based on knowledge of the product.

At the end of the day though, it really is a personal choice.

Thanks for the intel DD... I'm not sure about the salt system I had a guy over last night that put the fear in me about using them.

Yesterdays PB hates the idea of using salt system and if I install one will make me sign a waiver and not warranty the decking and structure of the pool. (using chlorine system the deck will have a 2 year and the structure will have a lifetime but it is not transferable) He talked about nightmares of plaster getting penetrated eventually and equipment, patio furniture and 3 pole farm fence rusting away? Is that a little dramatic? Will the salt eat away at my rock and spa waterfall and my table that is in the pool so it just raised above the waterline?
What do y'all think about the equipment the bid above has in it besides the cleaner and the price?

Welcome to TFP if I haven't said so already,

Dave makes some great suggestions, especially on the Robot. I can't encourage you strongly enough on this one. Best decision we made overall, and we are very happy with that decision. The cost of the top of the line Robot is about the same as putting in a pressure cleaner. With a new build, I'm of the mindset that it's the only way to go.

Just curious, what fear tactic did the PB use on you about the salt? It can be a great choice, but PB's withouth experiece with them tend to shy. In the end, it's a personal choice.

What is the name of a good robot?

Thanks,
TCB

Yeah that is a LOT of drama.

We have a natural rock waterfall, Oklahoma flagstone, steel patio furniture AND saltwater! Gasp! 3 years in and everything is completely fine here. 1 of 8 steel chaises is rusting, probably not the SWCG. A few pieces of flagstone are pitting, a few pieces are flaking off like slate and most of them look exactly the same as they did when installed. Concrete decking looks the same as the day it was installed except for the rust stain under 1 chaise. And, because I am a little slow sometimes i put WAY too much salt in my pool 2 years ago because I had algae and didn't know that SWCG don't make chlorine when the water is cold and give low salt error. My pool went from not tasting salty to tasting fairly salty and I haven't had to add salt in 2 years. So, my pool is "extra" salty.

I fall into the minority of people here who do not say salt OR flagstone. I say both is fine. If my flagstone ever starts to disintegrate I will come back let everyone say I told you so.

What is the name of a good robot?

Thanks,
TCB

Dolphin M5, or Dolphin Oasis. These are two of the best.

Salt water does damage things more, but yes, that was a little over dramatic for sure. If you go with him, you'll have to consider the caveats on his warranty though, like it or not. Up to you, but the pool is easily managed with adding the Chlorine however you like, no problem.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
He could always switch to salt in a few years (after the warranty for the decking is up) but that will not help with the shell. I'm just floored by how many PB's just don't know what's what with SWG pools. My area is almost only SWG new pools. My PB said out of 20 to 25 pools a year he has only one or two that want a pure chlorine pool. Overall you look like your are in the ballpark with price. That going to be a real nice pool, good luck! BTY, check with your insurance company on what your rate will be with a slide. Some REALLY don't like slides and will make you pay for having one big time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.