Pentair Easytouch/Actuator Issue

I think (although Pentair wont admit) there is a problem with the actuators. I have been warranting about 15-20 percent of all new actuators for the past couple of years. However, the problem that i have seen is not that the actuators are quitting, but rather, they are inconsistent in their rotation. IOW, Sometimes they will rotate fully like they should, and other times they will stop short from where they should be stopping. Then at the next rotation, they will rotate properly. This will lead to either the spa draining when the customer is trying to use it, or it will continue to over flow just a little bit, increasing heat times, or they work fine. I cant always get the problem to reproduce, which is making it difficult to diagnose. But since the problem is limited to new installs, i have been warranting them with just the symptom mentioned. The main reason that i think Pentair knows of this problem with them is the fact that they are warrantying these with little to no question.

I think (although Pentair wont admit) there is a problem with the actuators. I have been warranting about 15-20 recent of all new actuators for the past couple of years. However, the problem that i have seen is not that the actuators are quitting, but rather, they are inconsistent in their rotation. IOW, Sometimes they will rotate fully like they should, and other times they will stop short from where they should be stopping. Then at the next rotation, they will rotate properly. This will lead to either the spa draining when the customer is trying to use it, or it will continue to over flow just a little bit, increasing heat times, or they work fine. I cant always get the problem to reproduce, which is making it difficult to diagnose. But since the problem is limited to new installs, i have been warranting them with just the symptom mentioned. The main reason that i think Pentair knows of this problem with them is the fact that they are warrantying these with little to no question.

That is my problem exactly. Some times they work, sometimes they dont, and other times they go half way. My pool i sunder two years old so that makes sense then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.