Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Easytouch/Actuator Issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Easytouch/Actuator Issue

My vale actuators have both stopped working within a month of each other. I was curious being a new pool owner, if i had to only use the pentair brand, or would others work as well.

Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Easytouch/Actuator Issue

I'm not sure, but hopefully someone will answer you better that I can. It seems odd for them to go out so soon. Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

You can use any brand you want. They are all 24V and the connectors are the same.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

I think (although Pentair wont admit) there is a problem with the actuators. I have been warranting about 15-20 percent of all new actuators for the past couple of years. However, the problem that i have seen is not that the actuators are quitting, but rather, they are inconsistent in their rotation. IOW, Sometimes they will rotate fully like they should, and other times they will stop short from where they should be stopping. Then at the next rotation, they will rotate properly. This will lead to either the spa draining when the customer is trying to use it, or it will continue to over flow just a little bit, increasing heat times, or they work fine. I cant always get the problem to reproduce, which is making it difficult to diagnose. But since the problem is limited to new installs, i have been warranting them with just the symptom mentioned. The main reason that i think Pentair knows of this problem with them is the fact that they are warrantying these with little to no question.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I used to have to replace 1-2 actuators a year now its 15-20. I wish pentair left well enough alone.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Clown View Post
    I think (although Pentair wont admit) there is a problem with the actuators. I have been warranting about 15-20 recent of all new actuators for the past couple of years. However, the problem that i have seen is not that the actuators are quitting, but rather, they are inconsistent in their rotation. IOW, Sometimes they will rotate fully like they should, and other times they will stop short from where they should be stopping. Then at the next rotation, they will rotate properly. This will lead to either the spa draining when the customer is trying to use it, or it will continue to over flow just a little bit, increasing heat times, or they work fine. I cant always get the problem to reproduce, which is making it difficult to diagnose. But since the problem is limited to new installs, i have been warranting them with just the symptom mentioned. The main reason that i think Pentair knows of this problem with them is the fact that they are warrantying these with little to no question.
    That is my problem exactly. Some times they work, sometimes they dont, and other times they go half way. My pool i sunder two years old so that makes sense then.