Hayward Heater Keypad not working

JeffL

Feb 26, 2015
CA
I have a Hayward HD150FD heater on my spa. I set the temp and mode 5 years ago, and haven't touched the keypad since then.

The other day, when I fired it up, I had an AO error code. Before I knew what that meant, I tired pressing all the buttons, but there was no response.
I took care of the AO error (some critter had chewed through the vacuum hose). I was hoping that with that fixed, the keypad would work, but it doesn't.

The heater still heats up to 104, where I originally set it, but the mode button does nothing. The up/down buttons don't do anything either, but maybe that is because I can't put it in Standby mode.
Interestingly, when it fires up, the Standby light remains lit orange, even though it is running, and the Heat and Spa lights are on.

Any ideas?

Good Day, It sounds like a keypad problem or the main board. The fact that you can not get the key pad to respond tells me a lot. I have some questions that will take some give and take. If you private message me your phone number I will take you though troubleshooting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.