Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Heater Keypad not working

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Heater Keypad not working

I have a Hayward HD150FD heater on my spa. I set the temp and mode 5 years ago, and haven't touched the keypad since then.

The other day, when I fired it up, I had an AO error code. Before I knew what that meant, I tired pressing all the buttons, but there was no response.
    I took care of the AO error (some critter had chewed through the vacuum hose). I was hoping that with that fixed, the keypad would work, but it doesn't.

The heater still heats up to 104, where I originally set it, but the mode button does nothing. The up/down buttons don't do anything either, but maybe that is because I can't put it in Standby mode.
    Interestingly, when it fires up, the Standby light remains lit orange, even though it is running, and the Heat and Spa lights are on.

Any ideas?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Heater Keypad not working

Sorry I can't help, but I wanted to say welcome to TFP.

We have a Hayward guy around and he can help you with that code most likely. He goes by HaywardPool.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I'd start with the keypad since nothing happens when you press the buttons. The keypad attaches to the display board which could also be your issue.

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Good Day, It sounds like a keypad problem or the main board. The fact that you can not get the key pad to respond tells me a lot. I have some questions that will take some give and take. If you private message me your phone number I will take you though troubleshooting.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing