Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help on solar panels on my Intex 12 by 24

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help on solar panels on my Intex 12 by 24

I was wondering if my 2650 intex pump would be able to run four solar panels on my roof. The pump is about 10 ft away from the roof plus 8 ft to the top of my roof. All of my pool plumbing is 2 in hard pipe with a added skimmer. So i currently have two intakes and one return. Any help will be great thank you
    Intex 12 by 24, Intex 2600 sand filter (soon to upgrade), deck under construction

2. Back To Top    #2

I just tried adding a three foot section of pipe from the return and the pump was able to keep same amount of water going though at the same psi. I pointed the pipe straight up in the air Does this help
    Intex 12 by 24, Intex 2600 sand filter (soon to upgrade), deck under construction

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Need help on solar panels on my Intex 12 by 24

you need to calculate/figure the head pressure, horizontal pressure would be OK, its the vertical pressure that gets you
    16 'x 48" Metal Frame Intex 5065 gallons, 14 Inch sand filter,Hayward Skimmer SP1091LX Dynaskim, Test Kit TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Need help on solar panels on my Intex 12 by 24

Tha k you for the reply How would I calculate head pressure? The pressure at the filter is 11 psi