I'm Finally "Normal"

tim5055

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Moderator Emeritus
May 11, 2014
Franklin, NC
Well, if my wife heard me say that she would dispute the fact....

But, I digress from the subject at hand. When I took my pool over from the previous owner in October 2013 I had CYA 200+. Obviously the only way I figured it out was to do a dilution CYA test. It was funny because the pool stores I went to at first said my CYA was fine. My lot is the lowest one in the neighborhood and I know I have higher than normal underground water pressure. An example is that after heavy rains water pushes up through the expansion joints in my concrete driveway. So, no drain and refill for me. I was afraid of damage to the pool from a drain.

Now, about 16 months later my CYA measured between 50 & 60 this morning. Heavy rains and snow for the past couple of weeks has caused me to have to pump a lot of water out of the pool. This morning it was above the top of the skimmers and I had drained it yesterday.

So, finally normal CYA!!

Now you'll have to watch so it doesn't get too low, especially with Spring rains right around the corner.

I know the feeling. I couldn't drain because we were under water restrictions. It's great when you have room to use pucks in a floater without fear of raising CYA too high. Fill the thing up when you go away for a few days, and then coast another week or two until they all dissolve.

I know the feeling. I couldn't drain because we were under water restrictions. It's great when you have room to use pucks in a floater without fear of raising CYA too high. Fill the thing up when you go away for a few days, and then coast another week or two until they all dissolve.
While I still have the floater and may use it, with my current CYA and anticipated chlorine demand my Stenner should run for five or six weeks before I need to feed it......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.