Aerator vs. Bubbler

Aug 19, 2014
Arizona
Hello,
First, I would like to thank everyone who supplies information to these boards. I have learned a ton of information here and it helped me to finally select my pool builder and sign a contract for a new pool. Many thanks!

I did try to research my recent issue on the boards, but I could not quite find and answer. The pool builder I chose is trying to talk me out of putting two aerators in the pool and talk me into putting a bubbler on the baha deck of the pool instead. So my questions are as follows:
1. What is the PB's rationale for preferring a bubbler over an aerator?
2. The reason I wanted the aerators was to cool the pool down in the summer months (another pool builder told me to definitely put 2 aerators in the pool to cool it in the summer). Will an aerator work to cool the pool?
3. Are there any downsides to having an aerator?
4. What are the benefits to having a bubbler (other than aesthetics)? Honestly, I do not see myself using a bubbler during the day. I can only see it being used at night to be lit up as a focal point water feature. I am unsure if I would even use a bubbler that much.

Thanks for your help......

An aerator that sprays will cool but you won't get much from what I am imagining from a "bubbler".

However, a bubbler would be good to provide circulation on a tanning shelf or the like. Glad you are enjoying the forum, and good luck with your build.

If you are planning on having in-floor cleaning system, you'll automatically have mega-circulation on tanning shelves, steps, and the like. If that is the case, then definitely go for the aerators.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.