Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool quote - review

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool quote - review

Got this quote for a pool in Tucson AZ. I think it has the equipment we are wanting but it is very hard to understand. Any comments?

The price seem way high to me. For example $985 for a 1HP single speed pump. We are planning on shopping around but want to make sure we compare prices accurately (apples to apples) so we want to make sure we know exactly what we are being quoted.

Attachment 34457Attachment 34458Attachment 34459

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool quote - review

While I see you are getting a bunch of rebates on the in-floor system ... they get mixed reviews. And I am not sure how much advantage there is with a VS pump, since the in-floor require higher flow rates in order to function properly.

What is the booster pump for?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I second Jasons question. What is the booster pump for?
    And that price is indeed expensive IMO, for one.

A pressure side pool cleaner requires a booster pump, but the cleaner on your list is not a pressure side cleaner. The Sand Shark cleaner thats listed is a suction side cleaner and works off the main circulation pump.

I also dont understand some of the plumbing listed.
    The pool does not need 2 1/2 or 3 inch plumbing, but there is an upcharge for it in the plumbing section for the pool.

The spa does need the larger plumbing, but he has plumbing for the spa listed seperately. I would ask for clarification for that.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    What is the booster pump for?
    The booster pump is for the water feature. I don't under stand why the Sand Shark cleaner when there is the in floor system. Seems to me like this is put together poorly.

5. Back To Top    #5

I have an in-floor system, and I love it. My system has its own dedicated pump so there is no additional pressure drop associated with having a filter in the circuit. I recommend you contact the manufacturer of the cleaning system and ask what they recommend. I did that for mine, and they were quite helpful.

You definitely do not need an additional cleaner with you ICS.

You also might want to get quotes from 1 or 2 other pool builders so you can compare pricing and equipment options. (Of course, don't share the quotes with the other PBs!!!)
    23' x 37' IG 18.5k gallon SWG w/ raised spa, Build Thread -->Here
    Wet Edge® Pearl Matrix®, Hayward® SwimClear™ 525 ft², Hayward® Goldline Controls® PS-8
    4x Hayward® TriStar™ pumps, Paramount PCC2000® ICS, TF-100 w/Speedstir