Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: NO FLOW light always on

1. Back To Top    #1

NO FLOW light always on

So I just changed my board and transformer for the aquapure as the old board and transformer melted together at the plug. This was before I bought the house. All in and good and now it says no flow, it was working fine before. Could it be a bad board or is that pretty unlikely? Anyway to test this to confirm?
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: NO FLOW light always on

Flow sensors, and their wiring, tend to break fairly often, while the flow circuit on the board only brakes very rarely. It could be either, but it is more likely to be the sensor, or the wiring.

The flow sensor is a simple open/closed switch. It can be disconnected from the control box and tested with a multi-meter fairly easily. That is a good place to start.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I pulled the black jumper mentioned in the thread earlier and it seems to be working now.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    Flow sensors, and their wiring, tend to break fairly often, while the flow circuit on the board only brakes very rarely. It could be either, but it is more likely to be the sensor, or the wiring.

The flow sensor is a simple open/closed switch. It can be disconnected from the control box and tested with a multi-meter fairly easily. That is a good place to start.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

What do you mean you pulled the jumper mentioned earlier? I have the same issue and just replaced flow sensor which was broken off with a new one here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

but the now-flow light still is on; can some explain how to test that the flow switch is working and also that the display or main board is working with respect to this issue?

5. Back To Top    #5

The mods pulled the thread apart from the main thread, thats why you don't see the rest of it, but it appears you are not using a Jandy flow sensor so this wouldn't apply to you.