Pools Equipment Relocation and Sheer Descent Install - Question about equipment

Feb 23, 2015
Fairfax, CA
Hi,

I am currently in the planning stages of moving my pool equipment (Heater, Filter, Pump, electrical, natural gas) about 55' from its existing location - further from the pool. I am also planning on installing two new 24" lighted sheer descents, adding automation with one actuator, upgrading the pump and possibly adding a chlorination system. The pool is probably about 12,000 gallons, has one skimmer and one main drain all with 2" PVC plumbing.

My question is on the suggestion of the right equipment (pump, automation, chlorination)? I am thinking of a simple two speed pump, an automation system that I can control via IPAD or IPHONE in addition to two outdoor lighting zones, and a chlorine generator.

I have a 266K btu heater, pentair FNS 36 DE filter and a very old 1 HP pump (to be replaced).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Likely a 2-speed pump would be fine for this application, you do need to consider how much flow rate your sheers will require so that you get a large enough pump. Additionally, any automation system will be able to control any 2-speed pump as there is not proprietary communications.

Are you considering a SWG or a Stenner-like pump to automate adding bleach? For a SWG, we recommend sizing 1.5-3x the size of your pool. So I would suggest looking for a 25k SWG model.

I do not know much about the automation systems ... personally I see no value in being able to control the pool from my phone when I can simply take a few steps and make the desired changes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.