Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any issue with Concrete table and chairs in pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any issue with Concrete table and chairs in pool?

I saw a photo of my friends pool and loved that he had built in table next to the side ledge. He told me that it was not built in but just a garden variety outdoor concrete table. I thought that was a brilliant idea! I had been thinking about building some custom welded aluminum chairs and a table to sit in the shallow end of the pool to sit under and read, perhaps with an umbrella holder. Well that take a lot of time and money, but concrete would be simple.

My thoughts are to cast a concrete base and top, along with three simple concrete stools (just round cylinders. Once dry, seal them and in the pool they go. I would add some type of silicone or rubber mat between the two surfaces to prevent wear and perhaps to help with leveling if there needs to be. Any thoughts on issues with this setup? I know the pool cleaner would have some issues, but otherwise?
    10k Gallon pool - Hayward pump, Hayward Aquarite with T-Cell-15, Heliocol 5 panel solar with controller.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Any issue with Concrete table and chairs in pool?

I would be a bit cautious about algae forming on the concrete.....lot's of hidey holes, even if it's sealed.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    long beach

Re: Any issue with Concrete table and chairs in pool?

Also the weight of it would seemingly make it tough to maneuver in and/or out of the pool. I might be a little leary about cracking the plaster.