Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding a tanning ledge to a vinyl pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding a tanning ledge to a vinyl pool

I have a vinyl pool and it is time to change the liner. I was hoping to add some type of tanning ledge. Does anyone have any suggestions, information or pics.?

Welcome to TFP! I started a new Thread for your post as it may have gotten lost in the original thread that was a few years old and would likely not have received any replies. Posting your question in a new Thread is more likely to get responses and gives your question the attention it deserves. --BoDarville, TFP Moderator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding a tanning ledge to a vinyl pool

Sorry I don't Sandy, but welcome to the forum.

A pool builder who does vinyl work should be able to help you on this one. I'm just not sure they do it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do. Good luck, and enjoy the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    Lakeland, FL

Welcome to the forums. Do you have a deck around the pool? Are you looking to do a full redesign?
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

Independence, KY

I have no idea what it would take to add this to an existing pool. I saw it added to my pool as it was built, that is all I know. But look at this post. It is a pic of my pool with vinyl stairs, with the top stair being used as a 6x9 tan ledge.
    IG W/Vinyl Liner Oval 18x40, 21K gal, Oval 3'-8'
    Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump, Sand Filter