This morning, my husband opened our Aquabot Turbo, removed the filter, and noticed a dark purple liquid pooling in the bottom of the unit. It wasn't viscous, and washed away easily. He cleaned everything and put it away.

Our concrete pool tends to run basic, so after checking the pH, he added some muriatic acid. Later, he added some bleach as usual.

Now, the entire pool is a lovely shade of lavender. I've never seen anything like this. I realize that certain metals can color the water, but this seems to be related to the Aquabot issue mentioned above.

Any ideas? The pool was normal this morning, with the very slightest hint of green.

Also, do you know if there is any copper in the water? High copper and high cyanuric acid can sometimes cause copper cyanurate to precipitate out. Google copper cyanurate to compare pictures to what your stains look like.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.