Air compressor aerator

dsm

Jul 3, 2010
Double Oak, TX
reference point: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/35263-Hi-From-scorching-hot-PA

First a question - If you look at the picture of the aerator in operation you'll see lots of very small bubbles released through the soaker hose attachment. Is there benefit to having several thousands of small bubbles aerating the water as opposed to a single outlet at the end of a garden hose shooting fewer large bubbles?

Second - several folks asked about how to build the adapter between the pressure hose and the garden hose. Like AlBundy59 I went to Lowe's and got some help. Here are the parts I have: 1/4" Brass NPT plug adapter into the pressure hose; 1/2" FIP x 1/4" FIP (brass), 3/4" MH x 1/2" MIP (brass). That last piece will let me screw the garden hose onto my air pressure hose.

Many small bubbles are much much better than fewer larger bubbles. Technically, it is a function of surface area. Larger bubbles have less surface per volume of air, smaller bubbles have more surface area for the same volume of air.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.