Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Air compressor aerator

1. Back To Top    #1

Double Oak, TX

Air compressor aerator

reference point:

First a question - If you look at the picture of the aerator in operation you'll see lots of very small bubbles released through the soaker hose attachment. Is there benefit to having several thousands of small bubbles aerating the water as opposed to a single outlet at the end of a garden hose shooting fewer large bubbles?

Second - several folks asked about how to build the adapter between the pressure hose and the garden hose. Like AlBundy59 I went to Lowe's and got some help. Here are the parts I have: 1/4" Brass NPT plug adapter into the pressure hose; 1/2" FIP x 1/4" FIP (brass), 3/4" MH x 1/2" MIP (brass). That last piece will let me screw the garden hose onto my air pressure hose.
    35K gallons, StaRite S8D110 DE Filter, Pentair IntelliFlo vs3050 pump, IG gunite

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Air compressor aerator

Many small bubbles are much much better than fewer larger bubbles. Technically, it is a function of surface area. Larger bubbles have less surface per volume of air, smaller bubbles have more surface area for the same volume of air.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School