Gunite vs. Shotcrete

Jay15

Dec 28, 2014
Rockwall, TX
Been doing a lot of research on this and I understand the differences between the two. But I am really surprised at how adamant PBs are that their chosen form of concrete is better than the other. One PB just told me that they switched from gunite to shotcrete about 5 years ago, and every pool they built in that period had problems so they switched back to gunite. I know this can be attributed to the crew(s) applying the shotcrete.

What are your thoughts and experiences with one or the other?

Is it true that pebble plaster products (Pebble Tec) adhere better to gunite?

Thanks!

I would go with the better crew every time. Either method can give good or poor results depending on how well the proper process is followed. I wouldn't worry about which method a builder uses. Far more important is how good the builder is.

Agreed 100% with what JamesW says.

Both gunite and shotcrete have been used for lots and lots and lots of years and X vs. Y, just doesnt pan out.
Either one can be just fine, or not. It all comes down to how good the install crews are.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.