Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool refurb - questions, recommendations, etc

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool refurb - questions, recommendations, etc

So, the surface of my pool is flaking and such. I'm guessing the pool went in when the house was built, so 1987.

I just had someone out to quote the refurb, and for a 6000gal, 67ft perimeter, it came to about $6000 for chipping out, replacing with white quartz plaster, new quartzite flagstones (replacing the sandstone Blue Haven put in), and waterline tile.

Does this seem high, low, spot-on, unnecessary?
    6000gal IG gunite // Hayward cartridge filter // rooftop solar heater // 32ppm borates
    Only two chemicals go in my pool! - bleach and muriatic acid!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: Pool refurb - questions, recommendations, etc

Considering that they are replacing the coping too, with flagstone, I dont think your quote seems high. At least not for where I live.

FWIW, pool work pricing varies across different parts ofthe country, so that price may or not be what might be expected for the Scope of Work.

Would recommend however, that you get several quotes and compare them.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!