Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lounge chairs & chaises fabric choices

1. Back To Top    #1

Lounge chairs & chaises fabric choices

We are trying to decide on our lounge chairs and chaises for our new pool, and I'm stuck on the fabric choices. For the chaise lounges should we get the cushions or should we be considering the Sunbrella PVC/Acrylic Sling Fabric? I've heard that the cushions are comfortable, but can be really hot. I've heard the Sunbrella PVC/Acrylic Sling Fabric is breathable and cool, but it doesn't look very comfortable. Any thoughts from experienced owners on which route we should go? Thank you!
    Just filled water in new IG pool!
    39' x 18' IG 3.5X4.5X9 34k gallon w/ raised spa, 3 stone scupers
    Jandy 60 SqFt DE, Jandy PDA PS6, Jandy JXi400 heater, Jandy 2.0 EPump w/SVRS
    A&A Manufacturing ICS w/G4 venturi heads
    2 incandescent lights in pool, 1 in spa.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lounge chairs & chaises fabric choices

We prefer sling stuff near the pool, especially chaises. Mostly because it drains water better, both from you and from rain. Putting a towel on it helps with comfort or hot fabric. It is comfortable enough. Cushioned stuff is definitely more comfy and we have cushioned chairs and footstools around the firepit and places where we sit when not wet from the pool. We tip the chairs up over the footstool to help with rain.

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed you are in Murphy. Target has decent chaises in spring that are cheap and nice. Like 60-80 bucks. We got them to try out three years ago and still have them.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

I totally agree with pooldv on the fabric.

As an option, there is no reason I know of why you coldnt put a cushion on a sling fabric lounge chair, for those times when the occasion might call for it.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    I totally agree with pooldv on the fabric.

As an option, there is no reason I know of why you coldnt put a cushion on a sling fabric lounge chair, for those times when the occasion might call for it.
    Hey, that's a great idea! Lowe's has tons of cushions, we buy some occasionally for new colors or to replace the ones the squirrels robbed to build their houses. Also, we were at Lowe's yesterday and saw similar sling chaises to ours for 80 bucks.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach