Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Flattened wheels on new Nautilus....

1. Back To Top    #1

Flattened wheels on new Nautilus....

just got my new Nautilus in about an hour ago. unpacking it, I discovered this...

is this a problem? im thinking its a problem.....

[IMG][/IMG]
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.
    Taylor K-2006 kit. Zodiac Barracuda Ranger suction side cleaner.
    TFPC method and is crystal clear every day thanks to TFP!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Flattened wheels on new Nautilus....

Gtnos,

I recently bought a Dolphin, can't remember model number, but it had the exact same issue. I thought for sure I was going to have to send it back. The "wheels" as you call them, were hard as a rock and deformed just like yours. I put the unit in the pool and they softened right up and return to their natural shape. So, my guess it that yours will too.

Jim R.

3. Back To Top    #3

awesome... thanks! my pool is still under winter cover and I dont plan on uncovering it for about 6 more weeks (weather contingent) so I dont have a way to test this unit right now which is why im concerned. maybe if I wet the wheels in the sink....

- - - Updated - - -

yup! that done it! thanks! man I love this site.... it probably would have taken a 30 minute hold on the phone with Maytronics to find out that I didnt know what I was talking about...
    Partially buried Doughboy Desert Spring 16 x 32, sport pool, with 7 ft deep middle, 20,000 gallons, Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 250 lb sandfilter, 2 Doughboy skimmers and 2 returns. 2 cascade fountains.

4. Back To Top    #4

Same thing for me, and yeah, they will soften up and get the right shape to them.

If you store it for a while without using it, put something under the Filter housing so the full weight of the robot isnt on the scrubbers.

Quote Originally Posted by gtnos View Post
    just got my new Nautilus in about an hour ago. unpacking it, I discovered this...

is this a problem? im thinking its a problem.....

[IMG][/IMG]
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Good info guy's ! Thanks.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

Good advice on the storing Dave. What about storing upside down to protect rollers?

7. Back To Top    #7

I dont see anything wrong with it being upsidedown gtnos. I just tilt mine up on its side.. I dont there is any really wrong way to store it that will do any long term damage to it.

If there was, I would hope it would say so in the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by gtnos View Post
    Good advice on the storing Dave. What about storing upside down to protect rollers?
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

8. Back To Top    #8

They are just sponges, like any sponge, when they get wet they will go back to their shape. Plus they are only there to potentially help climbing ability and on 80% of pools likely wouldn't be needed.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

9. Back To Top    #9

Whew! Very glad I found this thread. Thank you for the replies and photos. Why oh WHY hasn't Mayfair/Dolphin included a little slip of paper in the box saying something like "Flat wheels? Don't worry! They are sponges, and will take the proper shape once in the water."

Quote Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
    They are just sponges, like any sponge, when they get wet they will go back to their shape. Plus they are only there to potentially help climbing ability and on 80% of pools likely wouldn't be needed.