Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: connecting Sta-rite var speed to jandy system

1. Back To Top    #1

connecting Sta-rite var speed to jandy system

I recently installed a sta-rite var speed and want to control it with my jandy. The jandy system i have does support var speed pumps. I just need to know what com port i connect the wires to in order to do this.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: connecting Sta-rite var speed to jandy system

You will have to call one of those groups Tech Support. Someone here might answer you but these are usually questions that are harder to answer.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I already contacted Jandy and like all other manufactures in the pool industry they were not willing to assist a consumer with a simple low voltage connection.

4. Back To Top    #4

This should be described in your AquaLink manual. The procedure varies just a little based on which model of AquaLink you have. Basically, you wire pin 2 and pin 3 on the pump to pin 2 and pin 3 on a comm port on the AquaLink. There should be a nice diagram in the manual.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

The Aqualink I have is the PDA PS6 with a jbox for communication. I just want to make sure that I can use the same connector that the jbox uses for communication with the pump. As for a diagram there is none. I have found that Jandy is very secretive with knowledge when is comes to connections, even when I was service tech ~15 years ago.

6. Back To Top    #6

Hum... curiously it is indeed not mentioned in the PDA manual. Take a look at page 18 of this manual for a different controller in the same family. That should be enough to go on.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Ty sir, Also I just realized i posted this in the incorrect forum. Can you move this to the correct one?

8. Back To Top    #8

Just wired it up and I'm good to go. Thank you for the assistance.