Do you leave your robot cleaner in all the time?

bsk997

Aug 18, 2014
Irvine, CA
Hi Guys,
I have an old hayward suction side cleaner that looks to be on it's last leg. I want to upgrade to a more energy efficient robot cleaner.
I was looking at getting a Dolphin Nautilus or Triton cleaner and was wondering how everybody handles the cleaning process.
Do you guys only put it in when needed then take it and store it? It seems that would just be a hassle and I'd get lazy or forget to do it.
Can you put a timer on these things and have them run once a day for like 2 hours and leave them in all the time?
Just wondering what everybody's preference is.
Thanks

I dont leave mine in all the time, but I have forgotten about it and it stayed in for a couple of days with no problem.

I suspect however that if your chemistry is out of whack for a long time, then there may be some downside to it.

The timer idea wont work. At least for a Nautilus or Triton (both which are excellent cleaners). The robots have a time cycle in them. You turn them on, and when the time cycle is done, (about 3 hours) they turn themselves off. They will not come back on until you push the ON button again.

As Dave said, they have their own timers. In summer I take mine out when we swim usually, but I've left mine in for a few weeks this winter with no ill effects. They have weekly schedules built in, so the mfgr apparently expects them to be left in for some extended periods. I have the Dolphin M5.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.