Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Heater or Heat Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

New Heater or Heat Pump

Okay need some advise……

Looking to put in a heat pump and gas heater in parallel or ? I live in San Diego so weather is generally warm and pool is 20K gallons. All the equipment currently in place is not working so i'm starting over.

I've got a large solar (electrical) system that basically produces more electricity than i use. Would a heat pump, to keep the pool at 80ish and a small gas heater to quickly get the jacuzzi up to 100 work?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New Heater or Heat Pump

Yep sure would.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Everyone that i've come across in my area in not familiar with heat pumps. Does anyone know of someone they would recommend in the san diego area

4. Back To Top    #4

Heat pump is very slow below like 75 degrees outside air. If it's in the 60s here and I want to heat my Spa from 70 degrees to 98, it's an hour and a half or more. If you can wait than its probably good for you since you aren't paying for electric. Probably be better to get solar heat and use the heat pump to supplement if needed. If electric is free for you, I would steer clear of gas, it's pricey.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.