Edge of Paver decking concern

Dec 3, 2014
Frisco/Texas
Ok, they have finished the paver deck for my pool build. Now, I am at a loss as to what to do. The home builder built the back yard so rain would run down the middle of the backyard out to the sides of the house. Thus, there is a little bit of a drop off in the yard as you move from the center to the side. Now that the deck is in, this drop off has increased. The deck ends not far from the fence (see pics). Any ideas on how to make sure the decking doesn't collapse and/or ruin the fence?

View from the back fence:

When I had a pool deck like this, my pavers were locked into place with rebar-reinforced concrete surrounding all edges. Come to think of it, my current porch has the same reinforcement. In my examples, the concrete is lower than the top of the pavers so the grass grows right up to the bricks and hides all the ugly cement. Did your guys install the pavers in a similar manner, or do the bricks just end?

what type of base is under the pavers? Hard to tell from the pics. Is it concrete with pavers on top? Aggregate with sand on top and then pavers on top of the sand?

And the grade is going to direct water down behind the paver deck .. ?

Pretty sure they did not use rebar-reinforced concrete surrounding any edge. If you look close at the edge of the paver, you can see where they put some form of cement/mortor.
I guess I will need to put in some sort of drainage pipe and then cover it with dirt prior to topping it off with decomposed granite or river rock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.