First test with the Taylor k-2006(fas-dpd chorine) kit

Done another full test today and since I got new regents from TFP in the mail and used them. My CYA went up from almost double 2 days ago with the old ones that came with the kit..
76 degree water
FC 6.6
CC 0
pH 7.6
TA 70
CH 300
CYA 80 << was 45 on 3-12 and I didnt add anything
CSI 0.0
Any suggestions?Maybe the kit I got had older regents or was bad? Even though the exp. date on the bottle is 1/12

OK,I was just wondering why the such difference in a 2 day period.Maybe operator error, but I'm sure I did them both the same way except with different regent.
Now that I got enough to do more full test, I'll just use that instead of the extended CYA test and decide if I should drain a little more water and refill.
Thanks again Jason and all that helped me

Now I got my CYA levels down after 2 days of draining and refilling.
Done a full test
Water temp is now 70 and rising since it turned warmer here

FC 4.5

CC 0
PH 7.4
CH 300
CYA 80 now (was 190)
CSI level I think is about 0.2 - 0.3 from what I can on my kit tell but the Pool Math says something a lot different unless I am reading it wrong.
I am also re-thinking the size of the pool is smaller than what I thought so I'm going to change the gal. size to about 7000
Its hard to tell because it kind of a bowl shape pool and not as deep as I thought.
Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

What is meant by 'CSI' ?

CSI

CSI indicates whether your water has a scaling tendency or is aggresive to the point of removing calcium from a gunite/plaster pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.