Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Nitro wall scrubber

1. Back To Top    #1

Nitro wall scrubber

I have a nitro wall scrubber that is not working properly the main fan rotates about a quarter of a turn then stops. Other than the fan it does not appear to be working. Its acting like its not getting enough power. I am getting 31 volts at the power supply. Has anybody seen this problem before?

Thanks Chris

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Nitro wall scrubber

Hi Chris,
    Are you able to take the cover off the top and manually turn the impeller? Does it turn freely? How old is you unit? Some credit cards double the warranty.

17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes the impeller turns but feels like a stepper motor. I have not pulled the impeller off though. The unit came with the house so I have no idea how old it is.

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok I think I might have found my Issue snapped wire in the motor, I will post pics when i get a chance.

IMG_20150218_190132_954.jpg

IMG_20150218_185712_195.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Back To Top    #5

nice find.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

6. Back To Top    #6

maybe fixing that will get the problem solved and give you some more use of it.

fwiw, the Nitro cleaners arent exactly known for their longeviety.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

That's the consensus I seem to get after looking at some the Amazon reviews. Oh well, milk it for however long it lasts.

8. Back To Top    #8

Yup. Thats about all you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by CaChris View Post
    That's the consensus I seem to get after looking at some the Amazon reviews. Oh well, milk it for however long it lasts.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

9. Back To Top    #9

Bad news my problem still persist and now I found water in the drive motors. Bummer I think I'm going to replace the unit with a smart pool PT9i anybody know anything about them.

10. Back To Top    #10

Hi CaChris,
    Smart Pool is the same company who makes the Nitro you have now. Historically, they dont have the best reputation. Im not necessarily trying to steer you somewhere else, only presenting what is known and available info about the subject.

Both Maytronics and Hayward make some great cleaners with a few models at about the same price point of the PT9i, Check out the Maytronics Dolphin and Hayward Tiger lines of pool cleaners. Aquabot also offers some cleaners but I believe the best reputation of them all is the Maytronics Dolphins.
    Divin Dave,